Communities do not stand still. They are constantly changing and if the library is to serve the community, library services must continue to change.The Strategic Plan for the Bergenfield Public Library was developed with community-wide input and approved by the Library Board of Trustees in June 2012. The five-year plan is a blueprint for meaningful change that addresses current economic realities, anticipates the future, and builds on strengths of both the library and the community.
The 5 Goals outlined in the plan include:
- Promote the Library’s Programs and Services
- Support Lifelong Learning
- Build a Stronger Community
- Improve the Technical Literacy of Library Staff and the Community
- Ensure Financial Sustainability