Bergenfield Public Library staff provides proctoring services as a courtesy to assist distance learners in the completion of their educational degree requirements. Proctoring guidelines are as follows:
- Proctoring is a free service offered to Bergenfield Library cardholders or to students working in Bergenfield. Students working in Bergenfield must present proof of current employment.
- Exams may be scheduled in conjunction with the proctor’s availability only during regular library business hours.
- All test taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- Exams are given in a public quiet study area under direct supervision of the proctor.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution using postage paid envelopes provided by the student or institution.
- The library does not keep copies of completed exams.
- It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of exam deadlines and to contact the proctoring coordinator to schedule exams well in advance of the exam. (At least one month in advance is recommended.)
- Students are responsible for bringing any school supplied documentation that the proctor is expected to sign.
- Students must present photo identification at the time that the exam is scheduled and at the time the exam is to be taken.
- If the exam must be completed online, students must bring their own laptop computer or make arrangements with the proctor coordinator for use of a library laptop well in advance of the date of the exam. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements.
The library takes no responsibility for the content of exams mailed to the proctor or for completed tests once they have been mailed.
Please contact the Reference Department (201-387-4040 ext. 2832) to schedule proctoring.