Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How old do I have to be to use the Library?
All ages are welcome! Our collection caters to children from birth to 6th grade.
How do I get a Library card?
Cards are free to all Bergenfield residents and may be used at all BCCLS libraries. The only thing you need is a parent or guardian with a valid form of ID (driver’s license or two forms of secondary ID, phone/electric bill, lease, etc…).
Where can I find…
Need help finding something? Ask a Librarian!
How long can I take out a book? A DVD?
All children’s books and Audio CDs may be checked out for 28 days. DVDs may be checked out for 14 days. The Return Book Drop is open 24 hours a day, every day. Library materials may be renewed unless on reserve for other patrons. A fine of 25 cents per day, per item is charged for every library day the item is overdue. DVDs are $1 per day.
May I use the computer?
Children may use one of our five Children’s Room computers if they are in grades 1-6 and follow a few simple rules:
• Each child must have a signed permission slip
• Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult
• You must sign up for computer time at the Children’s Desk
• There is a 30-minute time limit
• Remember from 3-6 pm, Monday-Friday, it’s HOMEWORK ONLY!
What if I need to print something out?
Some of our Children’s Room computers allow printing. Printing costs 25 cents per page and you can purchase printer paper at the Children’s Desk.
What kind of Children’s programming do you offer?
We offer a wide range of Children’s programming. Check out our page.
How do I sign up for Story Time? What do I need?
• All Story Times require registration unless otherwise noted.
• Registration is limited to Bergenfield residents and you must register in-person at the Library in the Children’s Room.
• You must have your Library card or valid form of ID.
• Registration is held for one week, and begins one week before Story Time programming begins.
• Each Story Time session runs approximately 8-10 weeks. All programs and classes are subject to cancellation.
More questions? Send us an email: email@example.com