Your Library Card is your passport to more than 5 million items from BCCLS libraries. This includes bestsellers, fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, magazines, audiobooks, Music CDs, DVDs, video games and more. Choose from over 130,000 items in the Bergenfield collection, and/or you can request any item in the system to be shipped to Bergenfield for you.
Effective February 14, 2020, BCCLS will automatically renew eligible items checked out to library cardholders.
How do Automatic Renewals Work?
- Eligible items will renew automatically 3 days before their due date for the full loan period.
- You will receive a notification via email or text if an eligible item has been renewed.
- Notification is only via email or text, so be sure we have your current information in our system.
- You can still renew eligible items at any time through your account at bccls.org or at any BCCLS library.
An item is NOT eligible for Auto-Renew if:
- The item has reached its renewal limit.
- The item is on hold for another patron.
- Your card has expired.
- You owe $10 or more in fines.
- You have 10 or more items overdue.
You now have the ability to store your library card barcode onto an app like KeyRing or CardStar to use at the Check Out Desk in place of your physical card. You can go to the App Store (for iPhones) or Google Play (for Android devices) and download an app like KeyRing or CardStar to save your Bergenfield Public Library barcode on your mobile device.