Through membership fees, contributions, and fundraisers, the Friends of the Bergenfield Library have raised thousands of dollars to purchase essential equipment and acquire specialized materials to enhance the patron’s Library experience. For more than 50 years, the Friends of the Bergenfield Library have sponsored book sales, garage sales, raffles, luncheons, teas, author talks and more.
Among the items these fundraising efforts have brought to the library are:
- Mango Language Learning Program
- Kindle/iPad Lending Programs
- Great Courses Lectures on DVD
- New sound system in the Friends Room
- CD and DVD player for Children’s Services
- Extensive Audio Book Collections
- Children’s Program Room Furniture
- Educational Software for the Children’s Room
- Children’s Puppet Theater
- PowerPoint software
- Materials for the ESL program
- Digitization of the Twin Boro News
- Microsoft Office for public computers
- New Computers for the Young Adult area
- Security Cameras
- Software to better manage Reference Computers
- Art Hanging Display System for Library Gallery
- Bike Racks
- Library Equipment (Shelving, Book Trucks, Scanners etc.)
The Friends also volunteer in the Outreach Program in which library materials are brought to the homebound. Become an integral part of supporting the Library—become a member of the Friends. The Friends meet the first Thursday of each month (no meeting in July) at 12:30pm in the library. Your ideas and input would be greatly appreciated. We encourage you to join in our work to support the Library. To learn more, contact us at the Friends of the Bergenfield Library.
Support the Friends of the Bergenfield Library!
Join the Friends of the Bergenfield Library
You can become part of the Friends of the Bergenfield Library by printing and submitting the following forms…
…or by using the PayPal options below.
In addition to personal memberships and donations, the Friends of the Bergenfield Library are seeking business sponsors. If your business is not presently a sponsor and you would like to become one, kindly print our Business Sponsorship Form below and mail it in (or drop it off) along with your check.
If you have questions about business sponsorships, please contact George Armbruster by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (201) 906 – 4469.
The Friends are a 501C3 non-profit organization; donations are 100 percent tax-deductible.